What are DigitalOcean spaces?
DigitalOcean has launched Spaces that allows you to store any amount of data online and use it. Each space create will have unique URL, that can be used for accessing it.
Create Spaces on Digital Ocean
The first step is to login to DigitalOcean console page and navigate to spaces and click on Create a space as shown in the screenshot.
Step 2: Create New Key
After creating the space, navigate to API in the console and click on the Generate new key under spaces. The access key is shown in the below figure.
Now you will get secret key and access key. Note it down to safe place which will be used in later stage to connect your space to your Bunnyshell account.
Step 3: Enable Backups on DigitalOcean Spaces
- Login to your Bunnyshell account.
- Select the Organization for which you want to enable backups on DigitalOcean Spaces.
- Navigate to Organization Settings and select the Backup Providers tab.
- Click on Add Backup Provider.
- Select Digital Ocean Spaces.
- Use the informations from Step 2 to establish the connection:
- Name: Give it a name.
- Access key id: enter the Space access key generated in Step 2.
- Secret key access: enter the Space secret key generated in Step 2.
- Bucket name: enter the Bucket name provided by DigitalOcean.
- Location: get the location from the bucket url.
The bucket url has the form https://<BUCKET_NAME>.<LOCATION>.digitaloceanspaces.com.
7. Click on Save Backup Provider.